1. How can I schedule a wire inspection? 

Call the Administrative office to schedule and allow 24 hrs. to schedule.  There are electrical packets that can be picked up in the Administrative office.

2. I am opening a commercial property. Does the Fire Chief have to inspect the building?

Permits must first be obtained from the Richland County Building Dept. website- www.richlandcounty.oh.us

3. Can I tour the fire station?

Yes, please call the administrative office at 419-448-5448 to schedule and allow at least 24 hrs. to schedule.

4. Can the fire dept. come to our organization and give a fire extinguisher demonstration? 

Yes, please call the administrative office to schedule.  There is no fee for this service.

5. Can I have a fire pit in my yard? 

Yes, see “Open burning policy”. 

Can I have a bonfire? 

Yes, but a permit must be obtained from the Fire Chief.  See “City ordinance        1511.03 and 1511.04.”

Can I burn leaves in the fall? 


6. Do I have to have a permit for my fire/burglary, holdup alarm? Is there a fee for the permit? 

Yes. See “ City Ordinance 142” Yes.  Effective April 1, 2010 a $25.00 annual fee will be charged for all alarm permits.

7.  I have a question concerning my ambulance bill.  Who do I contact? 

Our billing company is MED3000. If you have questions about your bill you may call a toll free number.  The number is 1-800-676-0111.

 8.  When is the next Civil Service Examination?

The Civil Service Exam will be administered on Saturday, September 17, 2011 on the campus of Tiffin University at Franks Hall, Rms. 120 and 122 at 9:00 a.m.