Tiffin, Ohio -- Oct. 17, 2022 -- During a Tiffin City Council meeting Monday, Lori Brodie, Northwest Regional Liaison for Auditor of State Keith Faber, presented the City of Tiffin with the Auditor of State Award for a “clean” audit report.
Eligible entities that receive the award meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The entity must file financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office by the statutory due date, without extension, via the Hinkle System on the GAAP accounting basis;
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Uniform Guidance (Single Audit) findings, or questioned costs;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comments related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than the threshold per the Uniform Guidance
- Lack of timely report submission
- Bank reconciliation issues
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit in accordance with Uniform Guidance
- Findings for recovery less than $500
- Public meetings or public records issues
- The entity has no other financial or other concerns
The City of Tiffin congratulates Director of Finance Kathy Kaufman and her staff for this achievement!