The Tiffin Police Department is accepting applications for newly OPOTA certified individuals and lateral transfers.
Starting wages $25.39 - $32.11 per hour. Pay is contractual based on experience and is outlined in our OPBA contract.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current OPOTA Peace Officer Certificate OR be currently seated in a police academy with a letter from your Academy Commander stating you are on track to graduate.
- Must be at least 21 years old and no older than 35, except for military veterans who possess a DD-214 that shows an honorable discharge and who may be 39 years or younger on, or prior to, the date of appointment.
- Applicants need to possess a valid Ohio motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Must be a resident of Ohio (or be a resident at time of appointment).
- All candidates appointed as full-time police officers will be required within 60 days of their appointment to become and remain an actual resident of Seneca County or a county immediately adjoining Seneca County.
MEDICAL EXAM & EVALUATION
- You will be required to pass both a medical examination and a psychological evaluation before you are appointed.