The City Engineer’s Office offers the services of performing the required Construction Site Runoff Control Permit inspections. If you wish to utilize the services of the City Engineer’s Office, please contact the City Engineer’s Office at 419-448-5425.
The Construction Site Runoff Control Program establishes the basis to control storm water runoff from construction activities that result in a land disturbance of 1 or more acres, or less than 1 acre of land as part of a larger development that will ultimately disturb 1 or more acres of land. The City of Tiffin Codified Ordinance Chapter 909 provides compliance requirements for erosion and sediment controls as well as pollution prevention practices at construction sites. The City of Tiffin Storm Water Management Program includes standard operating procedures and associated documents used to establish standards for enforcement of control measures through storm water permitting and enforcement escalation. The Construction Site Runoff Control SOP's include detailed procedures for Construction Site Runoff Control Permit Application review & approval, storm water site inspection, project closeout, and enforcement action and escalation. The application review & approval process is used to ensure storm water BMPs and control measures are compliant with local, state, and federal regulations. The City Engineer also conducts site inspections for each active, permitted construction site on a routine basis or as necessary. If any of the sites are found to be out of compliance, the City Engineer requires remediation and corrective action through warnings, issuance of notice of violations, and stop work orders.
- Construction Site Runoff Control Permit Flow Chart
- Construction Site Runoff Control Permit Application Review & Approval
- Site Inspection
- Project Closeout
- Enforcement Action & Escalation
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan Checklist
- Construction Site Runoff Control Permit Application
- Construction Site Runoff Control Storm Water Site Inspection Form
- Construction Site Runoff Control Notice of Termination (NOT) Form
- Post-Construction Inspection and Maintenance Agreement for Storm Water BMPs
- Fee Schedule