How do I request a station visit?

We welcome the public into both of our fire stations. If a group wants to have a tour, we ask you to contact us in advance at 419-448-5444, but if you happen to be walking by either station, just stop in and ask for a tour.

How do I contact the fire department?


Our business office is located at Station #1
53 S. Monroe St.
(419) 448-5444

Hours of operation
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Monday – Friday

You may also email us at

How do I request a fire inspection?

Please contact the office at (419) 448-5444 for further instructions.

How do I ask a question about my EMS invoice?

Call Change Healthcare at 1-855-626-9660.

What is the inspection process for opening a new business in tiffin?

If alterations are being made to the building the Tiffin Engineer’s Office may require permits. You can contact their office at 419-448-5425. If building plans are required, SAFEbuilt serves as the Building Inspector. These plans will also be reviewed by the fire department before any permits will be issued. SAFEbuilt may also have inspections they require as the work progresses. You can contact their office at 419-447-8022 ext. 6515 or email at Their office is located at

Seneca County Building Department
92 E. Perry Street, Suite 1103
Tiffin, OH 44883

Other resources for help in opening a business in Tiffin can be found through Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership (TSEP). Their office can be reached at 419-447-3831.
When work is completed, but before the business can open, the fire department shall complete a final occupancy inspection of the building. This inspection will inspect for all fire and life safety components such as emergency and exit lighting, proper egress, fire extinguisher placement, etc. To schedule this inspection please call the fire department at 419-448-5444.

What types of public education are available from the fire department?

For information on the community programs offered through TFRD, please visit our Services & Outreach page.

Can I use a fire pit in my yard?

Yes, but there are certain restrictions. Please use this link to our Open Burning Policy.

Can I have a bon fire?

Yes, but a permit must be issued by the fire department. An inspection of the site may be done to ensure compliance with the requirements.

Can I burn brush inside the city?

The City of Tiffin offers brush drop off at our Waste Water Treatment facility on N. Water St. We encourage our citizens to utilize this service. Permission to burn brush must first be granted through the Ohio EPA and then a permit issued by our fire department. Please read section 1511 on Open Burning in the City Ordinances for more information.